Scrollable Desktop Examples (below): wireframe, mock-up to current website
Intrigue Escape Games
The puzzles of designing an Escape Room website
This project was fun, but challenging!
What problems could my designs solve for my clients?
- They needed a responsive website to entice visitors and increase business
- They wanted to target the local college population in Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- Each escape game is solely booked thru the website, ease of use was a must
- The largest challenge was simply conveying what an escape room is
At the beginning of my design process I created wireframes for testing & visual design purposes
- Mobile & desktop wireframes were both made
- These are low fidelity frames made in Photoshop
- They helped the clients to visualize options & iterations
- Preliminary task analysis were done using this wireframe
Full Color Mock-Up
Once I tested out all usability mistakes, I started designing the final screens in PhotoShop
- Designs were based on researching of industry norms
- Inspiration came from the fun & enjoyment of escape games, which led to a bright and lively palette choice
- Web design standards were followed
- Gestalt principles were implemented in all designs
My first freelance project & here are some highlights:
- With booking only available through the website, continual consumer demand has prompted one client to move to a larger physical space to accommodate the increased customer traffic
- We achieved and secured their spot in the Top 4 results on a Google search. These are organic, non-paid results for 4 key search terms
- Through this experience, I was able to meet with clients, create wireframes, mock-ups, utilize my graphic design, front-end web development and UX skills all in one project!