UX Design & Content Strategy
Drive awareness of Western Union's product portfolio with Western Union's own landing page on Walgreen's website. In addition, we used the new channel to launch Western Union's Stage & Pay product using the Western Union app now available at Walgreens.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Unique views on the Western Union landing page
- Content Strategy
- UX & Visual Design
- Video Content Strategy & Voice-over Talent
The wireframe was created in excel. Yes, you read that right, in excel! Therefore, I recently turned the low-fidelity wireframe into a black and white mid-fidelity prototype done with Sketch.
Once both the Western Union and Walgreens teams agreed on the wireframe layout, the following steps were taken to produce the final UI.
- I provided copy, images and logos for all facets of the Western Union specific content (see product copy below).
- Additionally, I developed the script and provided voice-over for the Western Union Stage & Pay App video included on the landing page (see video below).
- The landing page followed both Western Union and Walgreen's corporate visual style guidelines.
Updated Wireframe Exploration
- I did a variation of the Four-Step Sketch but for rapid wireframing.
- For 20 minutes I performed online research, looked at some competitors, and gathered some inspiration. It is important to note that I have a base of understanding on the target market and research results to help guide my thinking.
- For 20 minutes, I quickly created three low-fidelity versions of the landing page using Balsamiq.
- Updated the treatment of the hero image to fully cover the width of the page.
- Moved the Call-To-Action buttons for finding a location to above the fold.
- Moved video content to above the fold
- Layout for product offerings more like a retail eCommerce site with links to learn more about each.
- Layout still complied with Western Union & Walgreens style guidelines.